New Roof Costs In Indianapolis
Facing major roof repairs or a full roof replacement in 2023 is a big undertaking and it is an important decision that has to be made. The most important thing a homeowner can do is shop around and look for contractors and get quotes that you can compare. This will help give you an idea of what a new roof costs in your area and the size and style of roof you need. After you get a quote for local roof repair and replacement projects you can compare the costs and the services offered. The initial quotes will need to include factors like:
- What materials you want to be used on your roof are going to cost
- Any special tools, permits, or supplies needed to make the project work
- Any code-required materials such as tarps, shelters, storage areas, etc
- Removal of waste materials and cleanup of the site after the project is completed
- Labor costs and insurance for the workers who are on the project team
- Miscellaneous costs for unforeseen events or problems that arise
There are many things you will need to consider when trying to answer the question of what a new roof costs. Finding someone you can trust for local roof repair and replacement is one of the best ways to get a good price quote and to begin figuring out your budget for the project!
New Roof Installation Vs. Repair
There are ways to protect your roof and even extend its lifespan for up to 5-10 years by investing some money into it for repairs. A minor leak, a small branch damaging the roof, or a wind storm tearing off some shingles does not always mean a replacement is needed. In many cases repairing the damaged area is enough to keep the roof sound and in good working order for a number of years.
While basic to moderate roof repairs may cost around $1,000 -$2,000 a simple roof repair could cost $6,000 – $10,000. So, if it is possible to save your roof with repairs it is a quick way to save money. However, you cannot live in denial and if your roof is in bad enough shape that a replacement is in order, you will only be throwing away money if you try to repair in segments on a roof that has already been compromised. There are cases where a replacement may be your best option.
Here are some reasons why you may want to go with a replacement over a repair:
- A roof that is already getting up there in age. While some roofs can last up to 50 years, a general lifespan for a roof is 20-30 years. So, if you have a roof that is looking a bit rough and is already 28-30 years old you might be better off with a replacement. The state and age of the roofing system will help dictate what a new roof costs. When leaks have become severe or there is a lot of secondary damage from the leaks. When a lot of water is getting into the home the leak and damage to the roof is usually quite extensive and a repair may never fully be able to restore the strength and integrity of the roof. Additionally, a leak that has been unrepaired for a long time or that is really bad can cause damage to the other areas of the roofing system that would make a replacement necessary.
- When leaks have become severe or there is a lot of secondary damage from the leaks. When a lot of water is getting into the home the leak and damage to the roof are usually quite extensive and a repair may never fully be able to restore the strength and integrity of the roof. Additionally, a leak that has been unrepaired for a long time or that is really bad can cause damage to the other areas of the roofing system that would make a replacement necessary.
- Increasing the value of your home. One thing to consider when you are comparing prices for what a new roof costs in your area is to look at it as an investment into your home’s value. A roof replacement is one of the few upgrades to a home that has up to a 100% return on investment. So, if you put $5,000 into a new roof it will add $5,000 to the value of your home. For local roof repair and replacement decisions in terms of investment, a replacement is the best choice to make.
Now that you have a better idea of what a new roof costs and what can impact these numbers, it is time to take action. Call us today and let the Stay Dry Roofing team show you whether a repair or replacement is best for your unique needs and situation. We are proud to be leaders in the area when it comes to local roof repair and replacement so come by and see the difference for yourself!