Business owners have a lot to think about and so much that demands their attention throughout the days and weeks and months. Of all the systems involving the physical business the roof is one of the most important yet most commonly ignored and neglected. It is not until major commercial roofing repair and replacement needs are discovered that the roof is noticed or given the attention it needs. When you need help taking care of a commercial roof, no matter how old it may be or what work needs to be done, Stay Dry Roofing is here to help every step of the way!
Though the accurate diagnosis of roof issues and concerns require up-close inspection it is important to remember that the roof is not a place to go walking around needlessly. It is a risk to those who go up there and every trip to the roof risks further damage to the roofing system itself. Every visit should be documented, and any issues found recorded and photographed, and if any damage occurs because of the trip to the roof that must be documented as well. It is always best to call the professionals to handle every phase of roof maintenance. Stay Dry Roofing has the experienced team to handle every phase of roof inspections, maintenance, repair, and replacement and we recommend always calling in the professionals for any roof work. It will keep you, your workers, and your building safer. Call us and let us handle the work for you and let us put our experience and equipment to work for you and your business.
Repair, Replace or Re-cover?
Deciding whether your roof needs to be repaired, replaced, or simply re-covered is a big part of roof inspections and many business owners do not know what all to look for. To decide what type of commercial roofing repair and replacement is best for your needs, we can help you choose the best way to go about taking care of a commercial roof. Here are some points to consider as you decide how much work is needed:
- You know better than anyone how your roof ages year to year. If you look at the records of past repairs and work done over the years, you often can see a pattern so you know that every 5 years some minor work may be needed. A bigger roof project is usually needed every 10 years or so.
- Consider environmental factors that can impact your roofing system too. You might see abrasion and wear on the windward side of the building. If you live in an area with a lot of sun and heat the coating of a commercial flat roof can crack and wear out faster than normal. Snow and ice can damage a sloped roof more than rainfall will and areas with seasonal storms like hurricanes will need more inspections to stay on top of possible damage.
- A roof that is showing some uniform wear and tear but nothing too terrible on a roof that is less than 10 years old can usually be salvaged for a few more years with minor repairs each year. However, now would be the time to start planning for a bigger roof repair in a few years’ time.
- If the commercial roof is still in good shape and you just need something new or different for your roofing, and if the roof has never had a re-covering, a new roof might be able to be placed over the old one. This option saves time and money and also reduces landfill and debris hauling costs.
- For a commercial roof that is needing more and more small frequent repairs and seeing larger and larger areas needing repair work done each time, you may be able to save money in the long run by putting up a new roof now. Multiple repairs every year may cost you $5k – 20k, with that number growing each month as the repairs get worse, but investing in a new roof, even one costing $20k – 100k will pay for itself in 3 years and then be good for up to 10 -15 years with minimal cost and repairs needed.
Knowing when you need to replace a commercial roofing system is one of the biggest challenges a commercial business owner faces. Understanding the needs for commercial roofing repair and replacement is critical to taking care of commercial roof systems fully. Here are some things to look out for that might signal roof replacement:
- Building codes will not allow re-covering or other repairs to be done
- Moisture has gotten into the decking or lower supports of the roof system
- Outdated mechanical attachments are out of code and not suitable any longer
- The roof deck itself has been damaged or deteriorated past repair
- Old materials were used that are no longer safe or allowed to be used
- The damage seen in the roofing system is too costly to repairs
- Replacement is the only way to ensure to safety of the roof
Here at Stay Dry Roofing, we are able to inspect commercial roofs and work with business owners and property managers to determine the best course of action for their roofing needs. Replacement can be expensive and involved but in some cases, it is the best option when looking at the long-term interments and returns.
Quality Roofing Services
Business owners have a lot competing for their time and attention and money. Of all the systems in the building itself the roof is one of the most critical yet most commonly neglected. People tend to forget about the roof and how important it is until things go wrong and by then the damage is usually more severe and costlier to fix. When you need help taking care of a commercial roof, no matter how old it may be or what work needs to be done, Stay Dry Roofing is here to help every step of the way! Call us today and let us show you commercial roofing repair and replacement done right and let us help answer all of your quests when it comes to taking care of a commercial roof.
Stay Dry Roofing
5060 E 62nd St #130
Indianapolis, IN 46220